Piermont Marsh Fact-Finding Meeting 3: January 7, 2015
What do we know about community resilience and Piermont Marsh?
- Introduction – Betsy Blair (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation)
- Regional Storm Hydrology and Implementation of the USGS SWaTH Network – Ronald Busciolano (US Geological Survey)
- Flood Risk and Resilience: Piermont – Sacha Spector (Scenic Hudson)
- Storms, Floods, Waves, and Debris: Observations and Inferences for Protection-, Risk-, and Marsh-Management Decisions – Klaus Jacob (Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory)
- How, and How Effectively, can Vegetation Dissipate Storm Surge, Wave, and Flooding? Modeling for Protection-, Risk-, and Marsh-Management Decisions – Y. Peter Sheng (University of Florida)
- Piermont Waterfront Resilience Task Force – Sacha Spector (Scenic Hudson)
- Predicting the Future of Piermont Marsh in an Era of Accelerating Sea Level Rise – Sacha Spector (Scenic Hudson)
*Please contact the speakers regarding permission for the use of photos in these presentations.
Summary of Fact-Finding Meeting 3 (1/7/15): This summary includes the content of the presentations, questions and answers from the meeting, all written questions/comments submitted, and feedback from the meeting evaluation forms.